South Whidbey Elementary School Snack Program
60% of children don't eat enough fruit and 93% don't eat enough vegetables!
To help students reach the USDA's recommended servings of fruit and vegetables, WIN partners with the South Whidbey Elementary School, the South Whidbey School Farms Program, and AmeriCorps to deliver free, nutritious, whole-food snacks to ALL students in pre-kindergarten through grade five every day, for in-class eating.
OUR FRESH SNACKS:
- Consist primarily of whole-foods, mostly fruits and vegetables, to help students consume the recommended number of servings of fruits and vegetables each day
- Are fresh and often come from the School Farm to provide students another point of contact to the food they are growing
- Avoid common allergens
- Do not contain sugar.
Research has shown that students are able to learn better when they’re well nourished. Eating healthy meals has been linked to higher grades, better memory, alertness, and faster information processing. Foods that are rich in fiber, protein, and healthy fats such as eggs, yogurt, apples and whole grains keep the body feeling full longer, providing enough energy to focus and stay alert throughout the entire day.
South Whidbey School District Snack Support
WIN supplies ready-to-eat, healthy snack options to each South Whidbey School District campus for teachers, staff, and counselors to access for students needing food support during the school day.
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Snack Boxes (deli meat, cheese, crackers, veggies, & fruit bar)
- Breakfast Boxes (hard boiled egg, ham slice, muffin, & fruit)
- Trail Mix
- Dried Fruit
- Cheese Sticks